What is Unleashed Assistant Chrome Extension?
A browser extension (currently only for Google Chrome), which works on Unleashed’s SaaS inventory management system web interface and assists a user deal with issues related to inaccurate exchange rate.
What Problem Does it Solve?
Unleashed inventory supports only predefined currency rates, set per company.
The assumption is that a company would have a predefined purchase rate, of foreign currency. This may be the case for large purchases, but many suppliers also use spot rates, for their currency. Even more so, as B2C becomes more popular, and there is a need for spot rates.
Unleashed does not support spot rates, and users are required to check rates, on each PO/SO transaction they create.
Not checking and using incorrect rates affects data such as COGS, profitability and discrepancies when unleashed is integrated with an accounting package.
Unleashed assistant is an extension on Google play store.
- Go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/unleashed-assistant/gllefienleolfpmbhjinijnaccejijmp
- “Add to chrome”
- Log onto your unleashed account
- Go into any open SO or PO which is in a currency other than your base currency (if no open PO/SO – create one)
How Does it Work?
The Chrome extension starts working when the user visits one of the defined Unleashed software’s web interface pages.
- Purchase orders
- Sales orders
- Sales Invoice
- Credit Note
When a user visits one of the pages mentioned above, the following steps take place:
- The extension collects the following information from the page:
- Company Name
- Base currency code
- Currency code for the PO/SO/SI/CN
- Entered exchange rate – either by Unleashed by default or manually
- Dates of document
- If the base currency code is different from the currency code for the PO/SO/SI/CN, the extension fetches the exchange rate for the requested date from an online exchange rate service (Open Exchange Rates https://openexchangerates.org/ ).
- Once an exchange rate is obtained, the extension compares it to the exchange rate entered in the PO/SO, and visually display on screen icons and tooltips:
- If the difference between the rates is more than a configured threshold, the extension alerts the user about the difference and offers to change the exchange rate field in the PO/SO to the one obtained from the API.
- The user can then accept or cancel.
Upon acceptance, the exchange rate obtained from the online service will update the document with the obtained rate.
Clicking the Cancel button will leave the rate unchanged.
- After the user has accepted/declined the new rate, the exchange rate will be color coded to visually alert the user and an icon will display on screen.
Red– Rate does not match or within the “threshold”.
Green – Rate matches or is within “threshold”.
- When a change to an Order Date field or Exchange rate, has occurred on a document, by the user, the extension will alert for a “re-check”.
A re-check can be taken by refreshing the page (F5) or clicking the icon.
To remain effective as an alerting mechanism, Unleashed Assistant, is not invoking a pop up window, on every event on screen. The extension is only presenting pop up alerts when the page is refreshed (F5), or the user initiates a check (Click on an icon).
User Controlled Settings
The extension has basic settings a user can control. To change the extension behaviour, in chrome, Click on extension icon → options
Setting → extensions → Unleashed assistant → Details → Extension options
Settings configurable by user:
- Warning threshold.
Set the % for the extension to ignore, when exchange from online service, is compared to the rate already in the document.
- Check completed orders.
Select if you would like for a warning to show on completed orders.
Note: Alert for completed orders, is only for “visual” purposes. The actual transaction on unleashed document can not be changed or re-exported to Xero.
Set the number of decimal places the extension will use. Please note that Unleashed limits the number of decimal places to 6 so setting a larger value is not allowed.
- Exchange rate date for purchase order
Set the date to compare exchange rates for when dealing with purchase orders. Options are:
- Order date (default)
- Delivery date
- Supplier invoice date
Note: When using this option, Unleashed assistant will only compare exchange rates once a supplier invoice date has been entered
- Exchange rate date for sales invoice
Set the date to compare exchange rates for when dealing with sales invoices. Options are:
- Order date (default)
- Invoice date
Configurable options are browser based and are not per company. If you have multiple users using Unleashed, or use unleashed from multiple browsers, it is advised to set the options to be identical on all browsers.
Unleashed Assistant supports all major exchange rates. Exchange rates are taken from https://openexchangerates.org/.
Base rate is USD.
When converting between any two non-USD currencies, conversion take place to USD first.
ie. For a conversion between AUD → CAD
The extension will convert AUD → USD, in memory, then between USD → CAD and will alert only on the end result (CAD).
Notice that when creating multiple orders, for “today”, each time a new rate may be retrieved from the API – ie spot rate.
For orders entered with a “past” date, the rate will be the last rate for the trading day.
Webs App Solutions offer a 14 days trial period to use our extension.
The cost of Unleashed Assistant is 9.95$ USD p/m.
Price is per company file (Unleashed subscription).
- No long term commitment.
- No lock in contracts.
- Cancel your subscription at any time.
- Unlimited users.
- Unlimited browsers.
Trial vs. Subscription
We offer a 14 days free trial. There’s no need to sign up or provide any credit card details. Simply install the extension and start using it. Your trial starts on the first day you use the extension in Unleashed, so make sure you make the best use of your free trial version.
During your trial messages from the extension will highlight the fact that you’re within your trial period and how long before it expires
Once your trial period expires, the icon next to the exchange rate field will change to a red exclamation mark. When you hover over it you’ll be notified that your trial has expired.
Click the icon and you’ll be redirected to set up payment. Once payment has gone through you’ll be taken back to Unleashed and the extension will continue to work.
Please contact us with any question you have about Unleashed Assistant